Sunday 11 October 2020

Rhoscolyn Head

Setting out on foot from Hafod, you are right on the coastal path. Heading south, you are immediately thrust into a wonderland of breathtaking cliffs, idyllic coves, barren headland, distant forlorn mansions, and huge arches of rock gouged out by the sea. 

Initially, I made a few daily forays along the headland. I was suffering from plantar fasciitis which I did not allow to disrupt my enjoyment of the headland. Eventually I was able to take the full walk down to Traeth Borth Wen and back again. Further along the coastal path is St. Gwenfaen's Well an ancient holy well described by Dafydd Meirion as "One of the best preserved Holy Wells on the Island", and it's associated church. The highest point on the walk is on the cliffs at the Coastguard's lookout. All together, there is just about every kind of feature along the walk, of course at all times under the watchful and restless eye of The Cruel Sea. 










No comments:

Post a Comment